Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mittens with picture and quilty bits

 The new pink and brown mittens.. they fit, but are not very tight in the wrist.
I put the card with her hand tracing in her baby book with the date on it.. it shows her hand size against my hand size, which is worth keeping for the future.

 She asked for me to take this picture, too - without the mittens.

Playing with the telling time book and a clock we made from a coffee can lid.  She saw a clock at the library today in the toys section and was interested in it again.

We asked for a child's library card today.  She has been reading fairly well and we have read four books a week from the library the past few weeks.  I had asked her a few times before and she wasn't ready - but today, we did it. 

We also met up with a friend at the park today for a little while, fed ducks, ran around with feathers and then had to go home in a rainstorm.  We stopped for ice cream treats on the way home and she had a big red spot on her nose from the star bar she ate that Daddy noticed when she got home.  


Little bit of quilt I made up last night - thinking about what to do next with it.. all of the pieces in it are scraps from clothing I made for Esme.  If she settles down for a bit soon I'll get back to working on it.

No comments: