Thursday, March 14, 2013

bits


I had what Esme had the other day - and now Mark has it.  It is a vicious stomach wrenching type bug.  A few things to do whenever I get the energy to...

clean up some, just dishes and laundry have been tough with everyone sick - want to go another step beyond that again and clean up for spring etc... throw some things out, organize - that may be too much to take on until we are all feeling quite a bit better.  My schedule at work may change soon - reorganizing time matrices.... I don't like that at all, but it is what it is...
work more on getting Esme to brush her teeth - with toothpaste (she says it is too hot) - daily.  She is all ready daily to tell us to brush our teeth, but then wants to get out of doing it herself.
work up at least one new dress for Esme like her pink 'spiderman' dress.  She was wearing it downstairs and telling me it was just like in a movie, a pretty twirling circle dress.  It isn't really - but it is fairly nice.  A lady at work last night commented that she loved what Esme was wearing, and a coworker told it was handmade by me.

to remember:  The other day when I was sick Esme was standing in front of the mirror with half of her ponytail out framing the hair around her face.  I said I needed to put her hair back up and she said no, she likes it like that, it looks like you - I want to be like you.  That is one of those moments you just go 'wow - they said that would happen, this feels weird'.  She said she wants to be a mama, and wants to be good to everyone.  Sweet.  And today we talked about whales, and how they are not like fish, they strain 'plankton; tiny water animals, through their 'teeth', blow water out their blowhole, and they feed their babies milk just like cats feed the kittens milk, and sing to each other over long distances.  She remembered a lot of what we talked about corn the other day - how it grows in the dirt, and the leaves come up, and the 'ears' have lots of seeds that can be every color of the rainbow.  I reminded her again that every seed can grow more corn - and how important that was.  She remembered that chickens eat it, and other seeds, and bugs.  I like these times - hope to have more of them like this.

random pictures



No comments: