Monday, November 26, 2012

Bits


Esme: 'Not the old coat, I want the young coat - the younger coat?  Mama, which coat?' And I then explain the use of the word old/young vs. old/new.  She was also saying that on Mark's game all of the older soldiers were fathers to the younger ones... which was not true - I get her meaning, but so hard to explain.  She thinks differently - not incorrectly, just .. .differently.    She says we will be a human and a person and do things and she will be a girl human and I can be a man human and... I get lost as she is just going "60 per" with laying out the roles and then she gets mad if I interject that I am a human, and 'girl human' sounds odd she could just say 'girl' etc...  She told me she was wearing her pants seams out because then the pants were 'empty' inside, all okay...Mama, don't worry about it etc..   She has mentioned she dislikes the strings in her pants that come when they are washed often and the zigzagged seams start to unravel some.  She cried the other day when my Mom was on the phone because she wanted me to play with her - and she said that my Mama would be alright, don't worry about it, I need to play with her.  She also said it was okay - I was with my family, and we all love.  It blows me away sometimes how clear some of her ideas are, and so very unexpected at the same time.  I hear her singing along so often now to things on the TV - even when it doesn't seem like she is watching... she was sitting on Mark's lap playing a computer game and under her breath I hear her singing the Simpsons theme song that is on as background noise.

On other notes : I am starting to make more things for the shops again - I am thinking of maybe three of a toy - put them up and if they sell they do if they do not then okay, not much time wasted.  I am taking yarns to work and making scarves - a thing I planned to do last year but never did... save them for the year in containers and post them for Christmas/winter etc etc... Energy energy.  The scarves and the toys will be posted at MarieMeyer KnitOwl and all the drawings at Ink Strokes Etsy shop.

I finally finished the third winter dress and also two pairs of very long pants for Esme.  She is 44 inches tall now - and her pants legs are 25-26 inches.  I can so very barely squeak a size 5 pair of pants out of a single yard now... it is not safe to buy a yard and hope it will suffice... yard and a half at the very least.  (yard==45 by 36 inch piece of fabric.)  Her waist elastic is 20 inches now, which shortens to about 19 when sewn.

Peacock lady drawing 11/23 - somehow the scanner does not show the intense pink of the entire dress... *sad*  Drawn for Esme - she says it is so beautiful and she loves it.

No comments: