Sunday, April 03, 2011

sewing and growth blurb

Esme's robin dress from February is already shorter on her than it was then. I don't think IT shrunk. I think she grew! The skirt falls an inch or two shorter than it did back then, as well.


Today, in April 2011


Part of this picture is her positioning, but the sleeves are still much shorter than they were when it was made. When she stands up and the sleeve hangs normally it is still about an inch off her wristbone - where I had measured to place it when it was made.


In February, 2011


Her new measurements are:
Arm length: 12.25 inches from shoulder to wrist
Chest measurement: 22 inches
Leg measurement from waist to ankle : 20 inches
Waist measurement: (to be gotten later - she is watching Electric Company)

I did not remember her arm length last time - but the other two are definitely more than her measurements last time.

She needs more shorts for the summer and by this observation I will need to make some more dresses. However - sleeve length does not matter as much in the summer as it does in the winter! A further note - she is just about to grow out of the size 10 leather maryjanes she has been wearing so long again. I put thicker socks on her the other day at her request and the shoes barely fit!


Simplicity 5937


Another pattern I have picked up in size 5. It is a pattern for a jumper dress or tunic (with gathered waist) and bell bottom pants. The only thing it lacks terribly is a sleeve - but that can be easily made up from another pattern or done without.


No I no sleep I go see Grandma


Also, caught this picture of Esme falling asleep while eating yesterday. It had been a long hard day of her running around while we tilled the garden up. When I tried to get her to wake up she said 'No camera not funny - I go see Grandma' and then fell back asleep to the point where she was about to fall backwards off of the table and caught herself. Then Daddy and I picked her up and tucked her into her bed to the tune of more protests of 'No I go see Grandma no rabbit no blanket no.. *crash*' In about five minutes she was back up and playing and we got no rest until much later in the night. But, it was a nice thought that we might all get to bed early.



Pay attention to the bottom left corner of this picture. She was entirely asleep and Nova was certain she could steal the pizza crusts and run off.

//
The measurement of the Swiffer head is about 10 by 5 inches.

No comments: