Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Doggie pants

Yesterday we went to the store and Esme attached to some doggie fabric that was on the shelf. She literally attached to it - I couldn't get it out of her hands! She hugged and pretended to kiss it and touched the doggies on their noses and told them they were 'cute.' As I got over to the lady who cuts the fabric I was trying to get Esme to put the fabric back on a shelf. She did not relent, until we got near the lady and she hands it over to the lady with a big 'thank you' and a smile. *sigh* OK - there is just over a yard left on the bolt. So, we bought it. And tonight I made her a new pair of pants out of it. This is her second pair of 'doggie pants.'

Half of the time I was making it she was sitting on/near my lap watching the process. She would remind me that they were doggies, and that doggies say 'ow-woo', and then ask what I was doing with it. Then when the project finally looked like pants but weren't 'finished' with the hems yet she started making a big ruckus and throwing thread and blocks around. She thought I was done, and had also by that time wrapped quite a bit of thread from her spools around her knees... *facepalm* - so I had to get up and untangle her some.

Mark took her in his lap until I could get the elastic in the waist and try them on her. She is quite happy with them. She howled a lot, just like she does with her red pair of doggie pants - doggies say 'ow-woooo', so an Esme in doggie pants has to say that a lot! She danced in them in front of the mirror, showing them off to the mirror girl. I'm glad she gets to pick out what she likes and gets many things handmade by mommy for her.

No comments: