Sunday, August 23, 2009

shirt experiments


without the zipper in - needs some alteration


looks pretty 'ok' from this side, could be longer


I made a 'to pattern' size 3 shirt of the 9614 pattern last night. It is much too big at the moment and has been put away for later. I think it is pretty good, but we'll have to see in time. I didn't take a picture of it 'on'.

These pictures are my attempts to make Simplicity 9614 (1971) sized down from a size 3 to a size 'Esme' I took these pictures without a zipper or sleeves on it. To change it from a size 3 to a size 2 (sortof) I laid out the size 3 pieces on a piece of yellow legal paper and traced them - then I laid out similar pieces from a size 2 pattern I had (bodice to bodice, back to back etc.) and approximated the size difference for shoulder widths, armholes, width of front etc etc... It fits pretty well, considering that type of freehand alteration. I laid the yellow paper pattern against Esme for the back though and made further changes -- maybe shouldn't have done that. Maybe it just looks weird because of the zipper not being there.

This was fabric I had leftover from a baby blanket I made her long ago - and I may or may not finish it as a shirt. Some red sleeves and a red stripe at the bottom maybe?

No comments: