Monday, September 15, 2008

What Makes you Smile?


Beautiful bowls by a Fargo artist


Sometimes I feel like I need a skylight to shed some light on my head and a big hole in the floor to put all the clutter into until I can deal with it properly. It seems like there is never enough light, yet it is everywhere. And I am craving color - outrageous vibrant swaths of it - and even that is never bright enough. It must be the oncoming of winter or a lack of coffee. What makes you smile when the clutter and bland gets overwhelming?

I look at my desk space and it is cluttered with things that should be somewhere else. But their somewhere else isn't big enough, or has too many things in it that ALSO should be somewhere else. And I clear off a tiny spot to shine some light on and then the rest of it gets set aside for another day.

When I get stressed out I just want to tear everything down to the bare walls.

But in the realm of reality...

'gypsy jewels' bracelet made from Etsy beads

A simple stretch bracelet can bring color with you everywhere


And those wooden bowls made by a good friend in Fargo long ago... finally recovered from storage in Minnesota. A pretty piece of pottery to hold pens, also from storage. These little trinkets have both brought some happiness seeing them again and also made me wonder where else I can put some color and usefulness into my otherwise bland and cluttered workspace.

2 comments:

mrspao said...

It's lovely to find things you like again :)

RheLynn said...

Especially when I seem to have forgotten lately just how nice it is to have those things around...