Wednesday, August 22, 2018

bus stop in august


I got her to grin at the bus stop for me.. she is usually so serious.  She looks like twins with her 'I don't want to laugh' next to the full grin.

The thistles were starting to emerge from their fuzzy spiky beginnings today, and the mallow and other wildflowers are just as pretty and detailed.  I captured some of them in pictures today.

 I don't have a name for this one, but Esme and I both like them.

 even the lespedeza was flowering in profusion this morning.

 this yellow mallow type flower is loved by the bees.  I love the way the dew falls on the little hairs on the outside of the petals.

a thistle just barely starting to fuzz out
 above my head - but this is the first purple thistle

and Esme noticed this ladybug on one of the thistles, too

No comments: