Wednesday, May 10, 2017

bits

We've given away all of our kittens, and plan on getting the mother spayed next week - and then we'll be done.  I've transplanted some things out to the garden, but they've not really made it well.  So, I might have to buy a few plants.  I should have hardened them off to the sunlight before hand.  My next projects in the greenhouse will be the hosta and grapefruit seeds... we'll see.

I've caught a cold being out in public at the market yesterday.. or maybe it was sneaking up on me before then.  Two days off now to try to recuperate and get all of our other things done.

Esme won the three legged race with her friend at the school field day.  She said they were continuing activities today.  She was so excited to get a gold medal Mark took her out for a celebratory slushie when he came to pick me up from work.

I finished reading 'Serafina and the Black Cloak', I might have to buy a paper copy for Esme on that one.  I'm listening to the Serafina and the Twisted Staff on audiobook, as it was all that was available at the library.  It was nice to see my tablet can do audiobooks from the library, but I miss the actual 'book' in my hand and turning pages and memorizing where I am in the story by how far I can page forward and back (something the Kindle does, even though it is an ebook.. and satisfies that 'real' bit more than an audiobook can)...  I'm also reading a 99 cent book called 'Designing a Duke' that is kind of sweet, it's on the Kindle.

No comments: