Sunday, October 25, 2009

Esme tells Mom how to make dinner

I put her down for a nap after she barely ate any lunch and she slept until 8 pm. She was really happy when I mentioned a bath and ran downstairs. During her bath tonight Esme stood up and said 'MMMMMM' loudly. She was hungry, and right now! She put all her toys away with hardly any prompting, climbed out of the bathtub and as soon as I got her dressed she was directing me how to make dinner and urging me to make it like yesterday -- she was so hungry! I cooked her a little chicken in the microwave because she couldn't even stand waiting for the fish I put in the oven! She was pointing where the plate holders were and where the paper plates were and then pointing at the plate and the oven and the table etc... and after the microwaved chicken was gone she cried when I took the plate over to the oven to put fish on it - until she saw the fish. Then she was happy and pointing at the table and saying 'mmmmmmm' again and again. She ate so much!

Now we are watching a movie and Esme is yelling at the bad bugs not to attack the people and saying RAR at them and 'oh no' etc etc...

2 comments:

ElizabethEK said...

So so cute! If she naps til 8pm, do you have problems with her going to bed at night?

RheLynn said...

kind of - depends sometimes. That night she went to bed about midnight, which some nights is our 'regular' time. Mark and I are night owls to begin with, so Esme comes by it naturally. That's another reason I'm so fond of coffee - as mornings do NOT come naturally to me!