Monday, September 07, 2009

Apron

Just finished my first prototype apron - no picture yet. I altered a 1970s shirt pattern that looked like an apron. I'm fairly happy with it as a functional item - but it needs a few changes before it can be 'my' pattern. I made it out of part of an old flat-sheet and a scrap piece of purple fabric, both in bold stripes. Mark says the fabric pattern isn't very flattering ;) but for a prototype, it doesn't have to be.

It took about two hours to make and a bit over a yard of fabric ... have got to think more about the amount of fabric needed and what kind I'd use if I would sell them in my shop.

I also had a lady customer where I work draw me an old type of clothespin bag she used to use and can't find anymore. I'd like to try to make a few of those, too.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Neat. Would love to see a pic at some point.