Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Failed Attempt at Sugar Cookies


cute smile at breakfast over milk and cherry cereal bar



I attempted to make sugar cookies today, but somehow I messed up. The attempt to make pink/purple sugar worked, but I think I need to try more and better butter in the recipe. Oh yes, and put the cookies further apart on the aluminum foil. I used to be quite good at baking cookies from scratch - but it's been a while!

Esme continues to recognize my 'afternoon shift' schedule and start to freak out at the first sign I'm getting ready for work. It's various things, when I put on 'town clothes', changing from house to outside shoes, putting lunch in my bag etc etc -- she puts two and two together and starts a constant 'hang on your knees' screaming crying fit. It would be nice to be able to do these 'hot spot' things from the routine slowly over the course of the morning. But as soon as she sees one of them it's non-stop drama queen even if it is hours before the time I'll actually leave. So I try to hold those things off to the last minute then put her down for a nap as soon as she starts to 'drama'. Lately I'm not even getting past 10:30 on the days I don't have to leave until 12:30 - she somehow can tell just by the way I watch the clock, and don't get into other things I would do on days off, say we can't go to Grandma's etc etc...

No comments: