Friday, August 29, 2008

One Week and Counting

Mark and I and Esme are headed to Minnesota and Iowa in about a week. We will visit my father in Iowa (Hi Litljon!) and my Mom and crew in Minnesota. Esme will most likely get to see her cousin Elizabeth as well, which will be a great time for photos.


Pogo's kids are up to regular kitten antics.



As is our own little kitten...


A fabric book I made her among the jungle of toys



Esme has been experimenting with the word 'Mom' now. She doesn't quite use it to mean me yet. Mark says it seems like her universal word for 'I want something' which could be pick me up, feed me, find my pacifier etc etc... I keep answering her though when I'm around hoping it'll help her get the connection.



I dyed my hair brown, about two shades darker than the natural color. This picture doesn't give true justice to how dark it is in the front. It'll wash out in about a month but so far I like it better than the temporary red I usually put in it. The print on the wall is 'Bunny Tea' from Noosed Kitty Etsy shop. It is really cute with two bunnies peeking out of a teacup.

Other Etsy shops to catch my eye today/lately:
Dennis Anderson soap company. I've been buying his Ginger Vanilla soap for a while.
Mountain Shadow Designs Czech beads. Their Picasso beads are 'Gypsy Jewels.'
Handmade Pretties recycled wool art shop. You have to see her baby sweater balls and pincushions too, so inspiring!
Jessica Doyle has a whimsical and unique art style
Papaver Vert's felt bowls and canisters can inspire any knitter!

Blog Shout-Outs:
You gotta go see Ladysnail's lion drawings and Madame Bogg's parrot and Net at AreaThriftyOne's works in progress :) That is all :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

nice etsy finds! my little brother's first word was water... he used it for everything! :]

Anonymous said...

Kittens and baby!