Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So much so quickly

I've been having so much trouble uploading to Blogger lately! It took forever just to get one picture yesterday.. and then it wasn't the one I wanted after all. *sigh* Anyway I gave up and went to bed. We've all had colds for the past few days. Now I have two days off and hope to get some things done around here.

Esme is doing so much so quickly -- sitting up unsupported, starting to really crawl and also pull up and 'cruise' all at around the same time. It seemed just two weeks ago she struggled to stay sitting up in her playpen and now she sits on my lap and plays with her feet. She's already pulled herself up and over the edge of the bassinet as well. That was scary but she was just stunned, not hurt at all. She is interested in everything, particularily at this moment my keyboard clicky noises and is trying desperately to contribute. Changing a diaper has become a battle against the wiggle-worm and reading books is a cross between excited rapturous babbling and wild page attacks.

To all those who asked: yes Esme is that happy most of the time. She gives us huge 'muppet-grins' where it looks like her head will tilt backwards at the jaw. She blows raspberries and babbles furiously, 'noms' everything within reach and is almost always in motion. After all, she's a baby and there is so much to do! However, she also sometimes gets very very upset and screams loudly -- usually when she is in her playpen and we have both went out of sight momentarily, or I've come home from work and passed her by to put her breastmilk in the fridge first before picking her up. At the moment she is throwing a small fit because I'm saying 'No' about banging on the keyboard and trying to pull things from the desk onto the floor... but in a minute we'll go make coffee and she loves to watch the water pour so she'll be smiley and chattery again by then I'm sure.

Around the house: I got some large rugs on sale at my work - snapped them up as they came in the door ;) I plan to put a few of them down in our spare room so Esme can practice her crawling and falling there. Add a chair and a bin for toys and it will become a nice playroom for her as she continues to become more and more mobile.

In other news: We finally have a deed and a mortgage! Mark is very happy and relieved about this. Sadly though, Mark's oldest dog passed away yesterday from her cancer. She had been sick even before Esme was born and we've been surprised she was still hanging on. My Mom in Minnesota has been struggling with Bell's Palsy, on top of her other health problems. It had paralyzed half of her face but it sounds like they are making some strides back to normal for her. I need to take even more pictures of Esme to print out and send to her. On the 27th of June my best friend fro high school is meeting us at the Nashville Zoo for a visit.

4 comments:

mrspao said...

Sorry to hear about Mark's dog - it is sad to lose a beloved pet. Wonderful news about the mortgage :)

Hope you all get well soon - Esme is looking great and is growing up to be such a pretty girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mark's dog too, it's always sad even if expected.

Bell's Palsy is NO FUN. I had what might've been one of the fastest episodes ever but three weeks of being unable to move half my face was SCARY. Especially since it had to paralyze the side with the sighted eye.

Typepad is being recalcitrant too. It took me an hour to load two pictures and some text last night. Grrrr.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about Mark's dog. It's so hard to lose a furry friend.

Lynn said...

Too bad about Mark's Dog. It is really great you now have a deed that you own the place.
Hope your Mom continues to improve. I know with her other health concerns this palsey can be trying.
It will be great for you to see your friend!
Cant wait to hear about it.