Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Collared Scarf

I bought some Moda-Dea "Dream". It was so soft and fuzzy I couldn't believe it was made of acrylic and nylon. My husband has asthma, which has kept me away from mohair. In two days I knit up a narrow scarf, 20 stitches knit all on size 10 needles. The yarn calls for 8 on the label, so I expected it to be a little looser than usual.

I've had trouble with some of my other 'small' scarves not staying up around my neck when I wear them with a coat. Pins didn't always work to secure them, neither did tucking them in. I made an extra piece of 'scarf' and sewed it on to the center of the original scarf, making a collar. I added three buttons and buttonholes and voila, a scarf that has a collar. And it is WARM. The fuzziness of the yarn holds all the heat in at my neck. I think now I'll freeze without it ;o)

No comments: