Monday, February 06, 2006

Python Frustrations, no, not the snake...

CAUTiON: Non-knitting programmer's rant of frustration to come. Please resume the kitty and knitting talk at the bottom of the post ;o)

This web form I have been working on... well, it just isn't working.
I need to split all of the items up onto their own pages if they are going to be informative and look decent at the same time. But -- then I need a shopping cart. Some people can just go out and grab one, download it, sign up for a service etc... but for our server I have to build one from SCRATCH, in Python code. :o( :o( I dont even know where to start.. :o( :o(

I have HTML and CSS skills, but my Python codemongering is new this year. Plus there are all of these 'secure-server' things to worry about. Okay, so I did my sad rant. I'm just going to have to knock heads with J and see if we can figure this out together. I hate feeling so dumb :o(

In knitting/kitty news, Willow has taken to my lap and is being quite sweet. My socks are neglected, as my head hurts too much (with code) to focus on them. However, earlier I played with Bloglines more, thanks again Chris, there are some neat CSS blogs I didn't know existed before!

4 comments:

Chris said...

You're welcome! I can sympathize about the code thing - I'm a senior systems analyst for a tiny little regional telecommunications company, so I have to slog through code. Mostly SQL stuff, tho. And my brother's a Java programmer. And my dad's an all-around computer geek - he was a computer design engineer for IBM for 30 years. :)

Ladeewolf said...

I can sypathize with you, what little I know is from blogger. I found a couple of sites that will teach kids and I thought I'd try to learn from one of them. They say that they can teach a five year old. The only Java I know is how to make a decent cup of cappucino.

RheLynn said...

Thank you to both of you! We have another staff meeting tomorrow (this was assigned at the last one). Hopefully I'll have something to show them.

In further frustration news : our trusty 1992 truck is in the shop for 'unknown starting problems'

In warm fuzzy good-neighbor news : We stalled right outside a gas station where a tow-truck driver was having coffee with his buddies. He came out and helped us (pushing) to get off the road. After J tinkered for 20 minutes with no results, he towed us down to a friend's shop. He also, (warm fuzzy) wouldn't let us pay him for the tow. We did get his card from the shop-owner though, and plan to send him something like a gift certificate. It's extremely heartwarming to encounter such human kindness in this world ;o)

Chris said...

If it had to happen, doesn't sound like it could've happened at a better spot...