Monday, May 01, 2006

Tea and POV-Ray

All of the POV-Rayed images here were generated by me. All but this top one were entirely hand-coded fromm mathematical coordinates in 1999-2000 during my job as an Administrator at the now gone 3dNation website.

Generated by Marie Winger-Meyer in POV-Ray
The pic is from my old friend PoV-Ray, which I downloaded a new copy out of boredom, but didn't do much with. I just changed the colour of the tea in their 'start-out' image to green ;o) I used to be quite the POV-Rayer... I did a series of bookcases and teddybears that might still be out there somewhere, as well as a marionette (like the one below) I know someone else animated...Hi Thorsal!
Marie Winger-Meyer copyright 1999 POV-Ray image

Project Spectrum's colour for May is Green?!?! Green Tea might count ;o) I'm a little under the weather today - and again, my thoughts turn to tea. I am a great fan of strong green teas, and spicy black teas. The tea I keep in my cupboard at all times is a regular grocery store brand green tea... but sometimes I spring for exotics from health food stores or catalogs. We love to buy tea when we travel! We bought Chinese tea and Japanese Gen-mai cha (green tea with brown rice) when we went to Atlanta, GA this year. We hope to make another trip to Jackson, TN and check out their health food stores.

About the only kinds of tea, so far, I haven't enjoyed are Earl Grey and English Breakfast -- odd, as my mother has always called my (sometime) habit of pouring milk into my tea 'The English in us'... really, there isn't much English in us either ;o)

For now, I have my box of green tea in the cupboard, and a few bags of an economy-box black tea to take me through this. I used my peppermint and licorice yesterday to chase away part of the symptoms.

And now I'll dream of something more exotic ;o)
remember, just dreaming!

Gen-mai cha, is not for everyone, but I happen to really enjoy the taste of the toasted rice with the strong green tea. We got some when we were in Atlanta a while back and I was sad when it was finally gone :o(

This cocomint green tea looks quite different and appealing.

This Yunann Jig also looks interesting.

teaware website We have a little tea set just like this! We bought it in Fargo from a yard sale. The old couple said it was a souvenier of theirs, but they no longer used it. Ours has five cups and a similar pot with a bamboo handle. Our set is 'green tea' coloured, and has leaves and reeds painted on it. I use the cups all the time, but the teapot usually remains on the shelf unless we are having tea together.
Our garden this year has lavendar and chamomile growing in it -- hopefully there will be some tea experiences there too ;o)
link for me: Uline boxes

Cage #2 created by Marie Winger-Meyer c. 1999 in POV-Ray codecreated Tea Ceremony by Marie Winger-Meyer c. 2000 in POV-Ray codeLion Temple created by Marie Winger-Meyer c. 1999 in POV-Ray code

Larry, Moe and Curly say 'Hi!'

6 comments:

Chris said...

Tea is a mystery to me. I try, but I just can't get into it... :(

Are you feeling any better?!

RheLynn said...

I'm out of bed ;o) that is a start.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Poor baby.

I never got into tea. Coffee? Well, I could drink it all day and shake to prove it.

Take care of yourself.

RheLynn said...

grins@susan you made me smile thanks ;o)

J brought home a big box of black tea --*sigh**

Carrie K said...

I like tea but coffee is my first love.

Hope you're feeling better! Tea is good for what ails you. (It's the English in me. My mom always dosed me w/tea when I was sick.)

Let me know if you need anything for The Sloth, okay?

RheLynn said...

Everything POV-Rayed in this post was my own work - except for the cup of tea.

The marionette was one of my favourites -- I wish I still had the .pov file for it!