Thursday, May 04, 2006

Knitting - socks and sock yarn

I got my knitter's tea swap last night!! I'm busy plotting!

At two a.m., I went searching for my unfinished purple sock. It was a long and harrowing search -- and the cats thought I had a screw loose. It is really hard to look for something when you have two cats who have to jump into every box or drawer you open to 'help.'

For my first sock-yarn sock... well, it's a sock.


look at that heel pick-up... *sigh*

Sally looks on

The toe of the sock.. it's wearable at least.

Sally-Mander caught in the act
of stealing a hairtie.


I wish:

I had enough energy to send calico kitty off to my niece in Minnesota today

So pretty.... I'm weak... I bought more sock yarn! And not for the swap this time! I can't wait!!!!

**There will be an unveiling of a very May oriented sock soon... but not too soon for me to kick up some progress on it!***

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sock!! The colors are really great!

Carrie K said...

The colors are pretty, and the cats oh so helpful!

Chris said...

Heh, my first several pairs of socks are horrific and not even in cute colors!! :)

amandamonkey said...

That sock looks great! I love the color and - of course - the pet shot.

Hope you're feeling better!

Chris said...

Oh, that yarn from etsy looks fun!

Tara said...

Beautiful sock. I just wanted to tell you that even though your tea partner likes iced tea, and you like green tea, that shouldn't be a problem because you can always make iced green tea. I've done it, it's tasty. Just a thought....(Rhiannon's sister, Tara-I saw your comment on her blog) :-)