Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Aliens have Landed (sort of)

The New Arrivals
Lounging out in my biggest tea/coffee cup


I'm being silly


The aliens would have landed, but they forgot their spaceship. J said I had to make them one now... at least for the blue one. It's not done yet, but it's getting there :o) When we make up ideas together, things get a little out of control, silly, and usually very interesting!

'Mr.J' has a whole story worked up for these guys already - we really need kids ;o) He would put on puppet shows for hours if we had a toddler here. There are plans for an alien dog and a ray gun too... just to prove the point. But I have not abandoned kangaroo at all! Alien stuff is better done around three am.. the kangaroo will go to work with me today :o)

In a brief moment of 'Oh No!' Sally put a claw into blue alien and dragged him a few inches before I caught her -- she really wants me to stop making these things for 'other cats' and make her some more toys!

10 comments:

Chris said...

Was the blue alien ok?? The onesies have quite a few fang holes in them now. GRRRRRRR.

RheLynn said...

Oh Ouch! He really did do damage then! Hmm.. maybe he DID think they were for him and decided to make air holes?

Blue alien is fine - she barely had him for a second, and felt is very forgiving.. _I_ can't even tell where exactly it was!

Chris said...

Whew! They are pretty darn cute.

Obsidian Kitten said...

omigosh! those aliens are THE best!!! made me laugh soooo hard

if i could find you a bolt of mint green felt i'd do it in an instant, lol, these are so brilliant. course, i'm in the middle of the MI mitten, which is probably almost as devoid of mint green felt as TN. then again, I could be wrong =)

you ever see the characters and toys at http://www.scarystories.com/

they're based on pets the artist knew in NYC. fantastic (esp. the cartoons, my favorite is "Heedley Pecked Me in the Eye")

so much fun seeing your work!

RheLynn said...

Hello obsidian kitten! - No I hadn't seen that site! They are very cool (and someone has a very good sense of humor taking all these pics! Thanks for the link!

Obsidian Kitten said...

You should make a Cat-in-the-Process-of-Slaying-Batman toy, I think...

rotfl

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, are those the scary pets on vacations pics? lolol (can't get there from the link, gotta go to her homepage first for some dumb reason)

aren't those fabulous!!!

Carrie K said...

Thank goodness no aliens were harmed. We have enough diplomatic troubles......

Make a spaceship? You are amazing.

Obsidian Kitten said...

okie, it was me being confuzzled. that link to the scary stories stuffed-pets-on-vacation (no, not REAL stuffed pets, nor real pets stuffed, but scary stories pets) totally works fine. and those are my favorite pictures of all.

make spaceship! make spaceship!

RheLynn said...

Hello again Obsidian Kitten! Don't let the aliens hear you - it might start a revolt! - there are four of them now, and the spaceship isn't completed yet...

hmm.. the kitten part of attacking batman I could do - but that stoic figure himself would be hard to duplicate! Just the thought of your girl kitten's expression still makes me want to laugh ;o)