Saturday, November 28, 2015

Art bits

Fish Under Sea
inks, colored pencil and paints
 
I told Esme that Mom needs to practice her art, too.  I made a little doll tonight - one of those 'I don't know where this will end up, but we'll see anyway...' type projects.  They always turn out different.  I tried lots of new techniques, playing with layering up the hair and adding embellishments.  Esme didn't like the face embroidery - she said it had too much lipstick.  I do need more practice - had to get out my glasses to do the eyes.  (pic tomorrow, or so...)
 
Anyway, above is the painting I did Thanksgiving Night.  I need to practice more on that, too.
 
Not much else -- getting through the weekend, thinking about ideas for Christmas presents, fixing Esme's computer games with Daddy's help so they run again...The mittens will be finished in another day or so - set them aside tonight to play with sewing.   Esme and I have started on 'How to be a Pirate' the second book in the How to Train Your Dragon series.

No comments: