Saturday, October 30, 2010

Esme this morning

First thing out of bed she notified me she was wearing her purple pants and that her drink cup was on the floor need to fill it up. Then on the way to the changing table she stopped in her tracks and said 'ooooooooooooo poor kitty! you are WET' to Ninja cat, who we smeared salve on her neck last night. She is getting much better, but not all the way yet. Then she told me I had blue shoes on - and wanted to know how that happened. I dug these out of the back seat of the truck yesterday when we unloaded some things. They are identical to the yellow house shoes I have worn every day except they are blue - and I wore them out to the car one day six months ago when we were in a hurry and changed them while Mark was driving.

Then she wanted a purple shirt, because she had purple pants. I said we had a cow shirt, and she could wear that. She decided that was okay. She watched 'cat and mouse' while I made some ramen noodles for my breakfast and got her some applesauce. 'oooohh apple jack bowl HOT noodle?' she asked me. (apple jack bowl means 'cereal bowl that usually has apple jacks in it') She said she liked the applesauce better so 'eat mumum eat hot noodle.'

Now she is across the room telling Bunny Dog she is 'so cute' and 'I like you Bun Dog' and trying to use her as a trampoline. Poor dog.. she is okay at the moment and I'm trying to discourage that... but at risk of losing my noodles. She said she was all done applesauce 'ooooh what that? (point at my bowl) a spoon. I eat. *drag noodle up off spoon and play with springiness*'

All this and she has only been up for a half-hour.

No comments: