Monday, November 01, 2010

here and there

Mark got sick the other night - and I wasn't feeling too good yesterday, which has wandered some into today. I think I have myself a bit better now -- at least I haven't actually thrown up - headache, stomach pains and general 'something is not quite right in Denmark' feelings. He did throw up, a few times. Esme seems fine, for now. She has been her usual sweet active bubbly yet sometimes stubborn self. She is downing food at an extraordinary rate again, cereal, yogurt, poptarts, fish sticks, crackers and chips, milk, juice, more cereal, pizza, raw pepperoni, applesauce.... she just keeps pointing at her mouth and saying 'Esme hungry - put food here'.. sometimes LITERALLY that is what she says *haha*.

She gave me an entire demonstration of what making a pizza looks like last night to encourage me to make one for her. It was quite amusing. She knows where they are, where they go, that you 'get up there and go 'push push push'' on the oven and then you look at it - check on it - say beep beep - go get a hot pad, pretend to open the oven, put it up there with the buttons, then get plates and eat pizza saying thank you thank you you're welcome this is GOOD.

She has been watching 'Between the Lions' clips on youtube with me. She really likes the 'Chicken Jane' bits, but there are only eight of those. She points her little finger at the pictures and says 'this one? Chicken Jane?' The poor chicken gets hurt in every episode saving the two children. She thinks it is SO funny...

She was 'signing autographs and blowing kisses' last night with a pad of pink paper and a marker. She would scribble on it, kiss the scribble and then make a big deal of throwing the paper in the air and either watch it flutter or get on to the next one. Cheap entertainment - hope she doesn't think that extends to anything but the pink notepad!

I took up the hems on some shirt sleeves for a lady at work. I wish I could have done better with it. I guess it is a learning experience. She wants to know how much I want for it... I'm thinking the equivalent of a few spools of thread, 4 to 6 dollars. They hang exactly where her model shirt does - look decent, but not entirely professional straight-line thread etc... I'm very hard on myself.

I just have to make it through today and tomorrow - and then get Wednesday and Thursday off. Thursday is Esme's birthday! I need to finish the paint on the playhouse as well.

No comments: