Tuesday, November 23, 2010

P/T update

When I'm home the P/T is having some effects, and some successes. We had a few more wet pairs of pants, and a messy pair that made her very upset (hard to deal with - but I think we managed okay - baby wipes are now double-storaged in bathroom and by changing table). It will take a good long while, though, I fear. I have to keep changing up the treats/consequences for her to continue to listen and cooperate. One that worked the other night (when nothing else would) was 'I'll call Grandma and tell her you are a bad girl.' WHOOSH - she ran past me into the bathroom and did the deed, then didn't want the lollipop - she wanted to call Grandma and say she was a GOOD girl, just in case Grandma had somehow heard the 'bad girl' from way down here... She was quite worried, and happy when we visited Grandma a bit later and she was told she was good ;)

I've got this morning, then work - and then two days off (day before and day of Thanksgiving) then back to work again. Mark says he sees a little difference when I'm gone to work as well --- Esme doesn't drink large amounts at one sitting now. But, she isn't asking him to potty yet.

Further update: Some non-messy shorts. YAY. We're telling her we are proud of her and she is cooperating more once we get there, but less willing to actually come with me willingly when needed... so I pick her up and carry/drag her. But I'll take what cooperation I can get and keep encouraging the good parts (and log carrying there if needed).

In other news: pink tutu dress (the one she asked me to make "shirt in the pink", AND she drug out of her dresser the other day), purple ribbon scraps being asked to put in hair, begging for purple finger and toenail polish , begging for Cinderella TWICE yesterday, asking Daddy to buy her a pair of pink butterfly wing halloween costume on clearance (which he did).... we might be raising a more girly girl than we ever thought was possible for us. *haha* But the other day she was 'air lifting' her Little Pony dolls (she found at a rummage sale) with a pair of plastic pliers... fly pony, fly!

No comments: