Monday, November 29, 2010

Green cow dress and bag puppet



I don't really have a thing for cows, but Esme likes them... so we bought this cow fabric for a quilt I was going to make for her. And she got quite a few cow things for her birthday - which she plays with daily. My favorite animals lean more to rabbits, owls and then cats. Esme seems to focus on cows, cats and elephants... other animals come and go, but she returns to them.

This is the progress on the green cow dress started last night. Gathering the sides while keeping the back 'flat' was harder than I had thought! I still need to sew in the sleeves - they are just pinned on. And then put a zipper in the back and it will be ready to try on. The sleeves seem quite small compared to most of her clothes, but the ones she has tend to fit loosely.



And here is Esme looking sneaky as I am taking pictures - coming up to play with the checkwriter. She is wearing her jacket and has been wearing it since early this morning - I can't weasel her out of it yet. Now she is sitting 'up high' on her changing table intently watching Roy Rogers sing to puppet cows and horses on the Muppet Show.

This is a paper bag puppet from a craft kit Esme received for her birthday. Thank you Elizabeth and Emily :) I know it is nothing like the instructions for that particular one. Esme placed all the pieces except the eyebrows - and she insisted on feathers!

Mark is feeling poorly now - and Esme and I are still snorking some, but not doing quite so badly. I hope it passes for him as quickly as it did for me.. (and that mine is actually on the outgo).

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Love the "sneaky" picture. Love the puppet.

Happy Late Birthday Esme!

Hope your whole household is feeling better soon.