Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ick dodging

I'm hoping to dodge the ick people at work seem to have - don't know how successful I'll be. The cold and wet weather is contributing to it. I was extremely tired at work yesterday and after getting home and eating dinner all together it wasn't much more than an hour before I told Esme I couldn't play anymore - too tired.. need to go to bed, at about eight o'clock. Mark put on Shaun the Sheep for Esme and we got her an extra plate of food and drink cup and put her in her room where she could see Shaun. She cooperated with the idea and went to sleep - and stayed asleep until 8 or so this morning, with some short 'is it morning?' jaunts between 4 and 6 when the animals were doing their raucous acts. I need the sleep - I needed even more, but feel better than yesterday.

This morning Mark left hot water (he takes vulcanian style baths) that was still toasty an hour later... Esme was still asleep when I snuck off. However, as I was washing my hair I turn around to see an Esme getting into the bathtub fully clothed. 'Esme take bath.' Very matter-of-fact. So I was peeling wet clothes and she thought that was very funny. She even let me wash and brush her hair... which is usually a tirade of screams, so I'm left wondering if SHE is coming down with something, too. I gave her a plate of warmed ravioli for her breakfast and she is now watching Looney Tunes she requested.

Her other new idea this morning was : 'Esme, are you a truck? BEEP BEEP.' She pretended to be me asking the question as well as her answering the question. She also said she was a baby kitty and her name was Suki and she said meow meow, and then asked Suki what she was doing upstairs (when she was really sitting by her chair). Very odd little imaginaries. I got imaginary baby mice handed to me during dinner last night - and I don't think she knows yet that I'm making her a family of mouse dolls for Christmas. Her sense of humor this morning is in high spirits - she thinks a LOT of things are funny.

No comments: