Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Enpinkified

Yesterday while I was at work Esme found a pink marker, and she purposefully hid the fact from Daddy... She drew all over one arm, under her shirt all around her middle, up under her pantslegs, across one side of her face and even stuck the marker into both ears (nice little pink dots in each ear). *sigh* I saw her and thought she had gotten a terrible burn all over her arm! Mark said he found a pile of pinked baby wipes stuffed back in the baby wipe box near the changing table, and didn't find the marker. I did a quick search when I got home, and the marker was hidden under a pile of blankets and clothing in the middle of her room, all the way at the bottom. She had tried to hide the evidence, and wash it off... and it hadn't worked. I told her she was a bad girl, but I was laughing, too. She fell down on the floor and acted dead and tried to hide her arms. After a short dinner I marched her into the bathtub. Most of the pink came out during her bath -- luckily it was washable and it was TRUTHFUL about being washable. I didn't even have to scrub too badly.

She was cute just before she went to bed - I laid her frog down on her pillow and she said 'hi frog - I kiss' and kissed him on the nose, then laid down and went to sleep.

She is still asleep right now, and it is 8:30 in the morning. That is a new record for the week - she has been up at seven or before every morning this week. I have three late shifts after today.. so that sounds good to me!

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

This is SO cute, and I completely understand. Even when Emily plays with markers on a supervised basis, I can't believe how it can get everywhere. Can you imagine if it had been a BLACK (or other dark color) marker? LOL.