Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Please Thank you and You're Welcome cookie cow

Someone at work gave Esme a cow cookie jar yesterday, as well as a cow flashlight I put away for her birthday tomorrow. The lady said she was going to throw it away because it was chipped, but she heard Esme liked cows so she wanted me to see if I would take it home for her. I did, and Esme does like it (naturally, she is pretty easygoing). The cow has apples molded all around his feet - and Esme picks up an apple (in pretend) and gives it to the cow to eat. Then the 'cow' says 'thank you' and Esme says 'you're welcome cow.' And then she pets it on the head 'good cow.' She also asks the cow 'please' if she can have a graham cracker from inside and then says the 'thank you' and 'you're welcome' afterward. Silly and very very cute.

We're getting things ready for the birthday tomorrow - a few things left in town during our regular grocery run, bake the cake etc... Esme might be sporting a nice bruise in her birthday pictures tomorrow. She tried to ride Tansy dog and fell off as soon as she got on (with help from the dog). She smacked her forehead on the floor but said she was 'okay.. okay.. BAD DOG you go OUT.. I okay.. I okay....' The way she says that last part is very funny - with one hand out like some celebrity saying 'no pictures please'.

I'm printing out excerpts from the last month to send to my mom in Minnesota. I do write a lot! This past month takes up eighteen pages in 12 point font. She'll have to get someone else to read some parts of it for her (small text, some technical words), but I know my aunt will be able to summarize it and I don't want to 'edit' it and lose anything.

Another odd game Esme plays: We will descend or ascend the staircase and she will match our feet and then take her own turn to change how her feet sit on the next step - and watch to see if we match it. Example: We go down two steps and land on the lower step with our right foot and the upper step with the left foot. Then she matches, and puts both feet on the next step - waits for us to match, then steps back up one step, waits for us to match, then we take a turn etc. Silly... but maybe she'll learn to dance one day by watching someone else's feet :)

No comments: