Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tuesday developments with pumpkins needing shirts and pants

A friend of mine at work gave Esme a few stuffed cows and a cow 'angel'. Esme says the angel is a 'cow mumum lady' and she has to keep the 'baby' cows in sight and take care of them etc. The cow angel is just a tiny bit creepy -- but Esme seems to think it is wonderful, so... hmm?

We went to the flea market this morning and picked Esme up a few little kid's books from a few of the stalls, and a nearly new in box chess game, all for about five bucks. We replaced her 'New Hat, Old Hat' book and got a new Clifford book and a 101 Dalmations book and a few others.. pretty good finds. The Chess game is an odd idea, I know... but I don't want her ruining Mark's X-Games-in-One set he says he has. She helped me lay out all the chess pieces on the board and I told her who they were and where their 'homes' were and when they were 'all ready' in their places they moved around the board haphazardly and 'pick up put away' back in the ziploc. Just that is enough to be fun for both of us and maybe get her interested in the game when she is a few years older. I played Chess a lot with my cousin and brother and I wasn't very old.. probably five or six. I never won.. but I played ;) and have fond memories of it.

She is drawing on a pumpkin (50 cents yesterday Mark found it at the grocery store) with a magic marker and trying to make a face. I don't see much of it except a big wide mouth - that is easy to tell what she is doing. She says the pumpkin needs shirt and pants but not sure where to put them (turned pumpkin over and started scribbling on the underneath). She IS creative. I like that, a lot.

No comments: