Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dog and Cat Morning

Esme heard the dogs go out and Daddy go back to bed. She got up and asked 'is it morning?' I said I didn't know yet - asked Daddy 'is it morning?' He said 'No, we sleep.' I told Esme 'No, Daddy says it is not morning - we go sleep.' Esme said - in a plaintive little voice : 'It's DOG morning.' and went back to her bed grumbling about dogs and playing and going outside and morning and bed. She sat there pretending to sleep for a little bit. In a few more minutes the cats started playing all over the house. She got up again and came to my bed: 'Mumum, what's that?' Me: 'The cats are playing.' Esme: 'Cats play... it MORNING? - STRETCH (stretches her arms fully out with sound effects), YAWN, It MORNING!' And at that point I had a hard time disagreeing with her, so I got up, too.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

It is DOG morning. Love it!