Monday, October 11, 2010

Not much to say but quite a lot to be thankful for

Reading some really old workbasket books from quite before I was born. There are some good patterns in there and ideas of things to make. It was a simpler time then... at least it seems so from those articles and advertisements. And they were all very thrifty - making everything the family would need. Last night I made two pairs of pants out of the Tatsu dragon fabric. Esme is wearing a pair today and they definitely work well. She missed her reading time last night but I hope to do it with her tonight. I have more ideas for books to make Esme but after making three of them I will hold off and see how she reacts to them - so I know which words to use and what subjects she will want to read next. Esme is still dragging the baby kitty around everywhere with her - forcing her to sit in boxes and on her bed with her. It looks like she is carrying a toy with no stuffing in it when she carries the kitty - she goes limp and hangs there on her wrists like a fur stole. I was/am getting quite stressed out at work by the 'every day on' schedule I've been on. But it could be worse -- I keep saying that. Beautiful family and snug home to come home to, even though I have to leave again every morning. I have a job that I do fairly well and a paycheck coming in every few weeks. And, I have enough presence of mind to tell myself, even in a dream, that my bottom jaw and all of my teeth were not falling out *ha*... that it was only a dream and everything would be okay. I think that is the Universe telling me to 'chin up'.. things could be worse.

No comments: