Monday, September 05, 2011

bits

High winds and cool day out there, about 75 tops today. I peeked at the fall garden plot and the quick pick purple hull peas are already poking through the surface - that is a 3 day germination! That was what I saw last time, too... but still, pretty amazing to me.

I feel like I'm coming down with what they have at work - and continuing to make foods to feel better. Strawberries in apple-cinnamon oatmeal yesterday, more spinach and garlic with my other leftovers for lunch, along with an orange and apple juice. I put rosehips in my coffee this morning and am brewing another lunch for work that includes onions, apple cider vinegar and all of the rest of the produce out of the garden this morning (black eyed peas, beans, basil and tomatoes). I'll bring the rest of the spinach and meatloaf with that and make that a meal. Jack at work saw my lunch and said the lunch itself would make him sick.. combining orange with spinach. I guess that is why all humans have slight variations ;)

Best of all I gave myself about ten hours of sleep last night. I told Esme I was going to bed early because I needed to feel better. She was unhappy for a moment, but she understood and let me sleep. I woke up at midnight with her Cookie Rabbit toy tucked under my blanket up under my arm. She was fast asleep in her bed. Mark said she came and 'talked' to me for a little bit before she crawled into her bed but he didn't hear what she said and I was still asleep. Very sweet gesture on her part :)


newly collected patterns, sizes 4-6


The blue pinafore ripped yesterday. It was nearly two years old and wow, it still fit. It was originally a size 2, and just proves that size in patterns really doesn't mean anything. Esme is happy I told her I would make her a new dress during my time off this week. I have a new 1950s sundress pattern (bottom left corner) that has come in the mail and a few other patterns I have not tried out yet.

No comments: