Thursday, September 22, 2011

run by posting


bottom pattern, Simplicity 4333, size 3
made without darts


I've been sewing, and gardening, and doing laundry - and not much else. This is the 'hell week' we often refer to at work - no days off, up and down schedule, and a 'back to back' stuck in there somewhere, too... a back to back is having to be back at work twelve hours or less from the time you got home. Then Sunday I'll get a day off... and work five more days to get another day off. So... this is the rushed around can hardly make lunches and get laundry done type of setup we go through about every 30 days. It has either been raining or dark every morning and night when I'm home, so there have been no pictures taken.

I made the 4333 dress in purple, and didn't like a few things about it. Esme, however, loves it. The next night (late, no pictures) I made a pink version with alterations, and although the collar is messed up a bit on it, the alterations were a success and Esme also loves that one. I put a sheep printed picture on the middle of the chest - so she thinks she has gold, even though the dress itself isn't far from being a 'muslin'... plain pink fabric with purple thread and not entirely finished on the inside to last years... it will probably hold up a few months.

Esme goes to the birthday party tomorrow - so I have to coax her to brush/wash her hair out tonight. I have just washed and dried the purple dress for her to wear. Then I work super early tomorrow, have Mark bring Esme to me - take her to the party, and get to go home and have work at ten the next day again. Esme is very excited, she is talking about the balloon that will say 'Happy birthday Gwenifer.' It won't really say her name, but Esme thinks it will, and that there will be cupcakes. :)

So - that is where I've been, and where I'll be.. for the next few days. Take care and I'll see you when I come up for air! And then.. there might be pictures!

//note: I was treated to two hummingbirds in the garden early this morning. One came down to drink nectar from a bean flower, made a very happy cheep to the air, and immediately another one showed up and they started cheeping about the nectar. It was sweet... and then I finally had to move and scare the both of them! Also, our wheat is coming up! The rows I planted one inch deep all have little green spikes up in them.


mccalls 6134
I want one of these in a size 3


I have something similar in my collection... and the only one I found online was a size 2 and missing pieces :(

The dress was designed by Helen Lee, a famous designer whose designs really appeal practically (most of the time) as well as being very pretty. I have a few of her things in my collection. Here is a link to a wiki that shows many more of her dresses for children.

No comments: