Friday, September 25, 2009

of shoes, mail and kitties at the co-op

First off - thank you Elizabeth for the pretty package! We'll see what I can make of it for both of our girls :)

We went to the post office and the co-op today. Esme saw the co-op lady (we know her name now!) and then insisted on going to see the kitties in the back. They have gotten quite a bit bigger than last time, but seemed to remember her enough. Either they recognized her or they are just extremely nice kitties (cats now, instead of kittens) Esme talked to them quite a bit and said 'bye kitties' even when we were out of the parking lot on the way to the post office and fried chicken place. The co-op man in the loading dock was very surprised Esme remembered there were kitties in there. In fact - when I asked her what that place was as we were pulling in she said 'kitty!' and pointed!

Esme is in love with her magnadoodle drawing pad the last few days - she had to take it with us to town and is drawing spirals on it constantly and an occasional attempt at a star. Another cute thing she has been doing is pushing our cat tent all over the house and stopping every few minutes to wipe her brow and say 'whew!' So funny. It's such hard work!

At home I was looking for Esme's blue shoes all over the house. She has two pairs of shoes - and both have their pros and cons. tie-tie shoes are good for going out and about, but need to be tied often. blue strappy shoes Esme can get on and off by herself - but they sometimes get lost in stores because of this, and that can be a pain. The last few days we were out in town often so they were tie-tie shoe days. Somewhere in there the blue shoes got misplaced.

So - I looked for them, upstairs, downstairs, in Esme's toys - in my fabric I was going through (just in case), in the yarn box Esme was going through, in the laundry, under the bed etc etc... in every nook and cranny I could think they would be. Halfway through this I took the tie-tie shoes off of Esme because they were untied again. I put them up on a shelf and kept looking for the blue shoes. Then I stopped about ten minutes later (after complaining on facebook) and lo and behold -- the blue shoes are ON Esme's FEET! *sigh* I don't even know where she found them, or if she purposefully had them hidden. How much more classic can you get?

I cleaned up a large area of my workshop while looking for stray shoes - so there is fabric in the washing machine and my work clothes are in there as well. I have Saturday 'on' at work and Sunday 'off'

//what did I get done during the vacation?
2 pairs of shorts for Esme and the rag dolly
cut out two pinafore dresses
lots of laundry, organized some craft supplies
played lots of starfall with Esme
visited Grandma's several times with Esme :), library and thrift store and co-op
ordered some olive oil soap and blue ric-rac from Etsy

1 comment:

ElizabethE said...

Yay!! You are welcome! We STILL absolutely love the first outfit you made her (as you have seen in many photos!).