Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Busy busy day


eating popcorn with Grandma


Turn off the gravity Daddy!


I had the day off from work today and we did a LOT in town today. We went to the thrift store (my work jeans were getting bad - and wanted to check their patterns too), library, tractor supply, meat store, bank, post office and also to get fried chicken. That is a lot to do in one day!

We also stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's before dinner - trying to retrieve our puppy Iggy but it didn't work. She missed out on a pork chop dinner because she didn't come home! Grandma was making popcorn when we were there and Esme likes it.

One of the scores from the pattern section at the thrift store.

Simplicity 7197 toddler pattern 1975, pinafore, dress and pants

I like these old patterns because they are versatile. You can do so much with what they give for pieces and lengths. Plus you usually end up with a high-quality piece in woven cotton fabrics with facings and finished hemlines. A lot of the new patterns are one or two views with 'no thinking required', and corners cut all over the place. Add that to the nostalgia of these being things like my mother had when my sister and I were little and you can see why I lean towards these 1970 patterns :)

9/16/09 - worked quite a bit of the day on the dress in the upper left of the pattern - taking it to work to finish up the buttonholes tomorrow.

link to the post with the finished dress

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

This picture of her on daddy's shoulders may be the single cutest thing I have ever seen.