Saturday, June 25, 2011

bits of a Pre-Saturday

'pre' because I'm sure there is much more to come today, after it all dries out and the sun comes out. If it does! I'm glad Esme and I put a few seeds in the ground after I got home from work last night, mayflower beans and radishes. Woke up to such a rainy morning, no sun, and a little face telling me at 8 am that she needed cereal and could not live another moment without it. Then she rolled on me, and brought me a 'lunchbox' full of blocks and a teaset and pretended we were having breakfast in bed. So I got up. She got her cereal and is now eating an orange.

Last night I broke out a present we bought her a while back... a tiny projector that shows the moon and planets and is a nightlight. She loved it. We put it in a little hallway downstairs and she brought her playmobil people and a box full of wooden blocks and built houses and had them need to be saved from the moon and sun 'it dangerous.' Going upstairs and telling me to 'wait a minute I be right back' and coming back with a box full of wooden blocks was surprising. She asked where the moon went this morning, and I said we would play with it again when it was dark outside. She accepted that.

I will see if she will allow me to put on a movie and sew something or if there are other big plans she has for the day. She has gotten into the habit of arranging plans again... dollhouse and blocks and 'roll ball' and other games she insists upon. Sometimes I can put her on Starfall.com for a while on my computer - and lose my computer for hours. She has finally learned to use the tiny button mouse on my laptop and the separate click key that is further down on the pad. She can now do the games by herself, even the one where there are letter 'puzzle' pieces up on the top of the screen and slots on the bottom of the screen to put them in. Those allow the user to mouse to them and then click to 'pick up' - and not have to hold down the button while dragging. She has finally gotten that one and Mom used to have to always be the helper on that one.

LATER: I am very glad I planted the pinto beans. They are so interesting, and producing a few mature pods every day. They turn white with purple specks when cooked..again, very interesting. I made the second sleeveless shirt of what I am sure will be several more. It is not too wide, but the neck is not something that will grow with her, either. I want a happy medium. I used the navy blue with dots that was one of my Mother's Day fabrics.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Pretty impressive about the mouse. Emily "kind of" gets the idea of a mouse, but is terrible with it so far. She is pretty good with my iPad, which is screen-based.

I tried to get a couple videos of Emily talking this weekend. I will download them tonight, and send them to you.