Sunday, September 12, 2010

no go on the job

I didn't get the job I interviewed for. The quote was 'your time is coming, but not right now.' *sigh* I was pretty upset about it, but tried not show it too much. Esme was asleep when I got home so I was even more 'slightly upset'... but a few friends commiserated with me online and that helped some. Esme and I have a playdate on Wednesday with one of those friends' children. That should be very nice. We commiserated on 'PT' as well... and her girl is already three and backslid out of potty-training back to the very beginning.. so I don't feel quite so bad there that Esme is on-again off-again too.

Esme woke up about 9:30 last night and we had fun playing blocks with the dinosaur and four cows and the playmobil dog. She did a little with letters but mostly it was about building 'cow houses' and cities and playing 'train' dragging a large block across many small ones with everyone on it so they could go eat chicken leg and fish sticks. The cows wanted fish sticks and ice cream. The dog wanted chicken legs. They all went into 'cow houses' which were corrall structures and ate and had a good time saying 'yay'. Playing with her made me feel better, too -- but she did throw an absolute fit at 11:30 when we demanded she stay in her bed and go to sleep... she crawled out several times and I had to dump her unceremoniously back into her bed and tell her to stay there.

2 comments:

ElizabethEK said...

I am so sorry about the job. :(

RheLynn said...

thx Elizabeth. I'll just have to find my way...