Thursday, September 02, 2010

cow in block city and frog needs diaper change



Playing with blocks tonight. The cow was taking turns falling into this hole and also entering in through the 'door' she had made. He was a bad cow when he knocked something over but a good cow when he 'helped' rebuild (she would move a block and then put the cow on top of it and tell him 'good job' as if he moved it.

Her 'birthday blocks' are at the post office and I can get them tomorrow. Will I have the willpower to keep them put away for November? Probably not because I want to play with them, too! I also bought some fabric tonight that I think will make a very pretty 'set' of clothes - it was on clearance and the fabrics match but not truly matchy matchy. I see a pair of pants and a shirt there that I WOULD be able to put away. We'll see if I can get to it! *sigh*

Esme was feeding her frog balloon and piggy toy different wooden fruits and bread and such. Mark told Esme not to give the frog her wooden pretend cheese because it would make him fart. She said the frog DID fart - and that he now needed a butt change - because he stinks, and brought him to her changing table and a baby wipe and 'wipe' him up and get him pants. I had to put the pants on though..

She is getting so many more 'complete' concepts lately, but sometimes with strange syntax. Like her fly swatter is 'make bug flat' and then she gets upset she can't actually find a bug to 'make flat'. She told me tonight she was not willing to share her orange, at first 'All mine a orange!'. Then there came a point where, after she had chewed on each section some, she was willing to share - but wasn't done. 'I eat more a orange', and then after that point - she was actually done. 'All done a orange.'

I hear a lot more 'what are you doing' and counting of things and 'wait a minute' and 'come back (name)', and 'I'm coming' and 'It's a bunny dog, she's PRETTY, pet pet good Bun dog!' and 'yes I can have a one a orange THATS RIGHT' and other small sentences we both agree we haven't heard this 'complete' before. She really likes to say THATS RIGHT when she is repeating something she wanted to hear us say - as if she is both saying it is a good thing and saying that helps to remember how to say the sentence at the same time.

Other things that have impressed me is picking up the difference between 'sing' and 'a song' and 'this is fun' and 'this is funny', both of those somewhere in the last few months. She says 'ball up high' for the geek ball I made and 'want more 'x' which for a lot of kids come much earlier but for miss tight-lipped-tried-to-be-a-professional-mime for a while etc... I am still proud to hear them along with the others. Also 'here we go', 'where'd it/you go?' 'it is underwater', 'go to sleep', 'it is morning!', 'make frog talk' and other things like that... I want to remember when this stuff really started happening - because in a few months it will seem like she has always said them. She is making really good progress month after month, picking up something we turn to each other and say 'hey, that's different!' It makes me really happy :)

AFTER NOTE: She got in big trouble tonight for two things.. big trouble for around here. She took the fruit container out of the fridge when I went to fill her drink cup, after she already had ice cream and other food. She hadn't eaten her fruit earlier today - let toys play in it, so I told her 'No, put it back, you had ice cream just a minute ago.' She threw a fit. I told her she had to go right to bed after fruit if she wanted it badly. She didn't agree to that - so she put it back and we came upstairs. Then the second 'big no' was pulling a plug out of the wall that is connected to some X-mas lights that go up the wall and across the ceiling. They have recently stopped working, but we haven't removed them yet. She then came to tell me that she had 'broke' it and couldn't fix it. I think she might have been trying to fix it... I told her never to touch that, especially without us - and Mark hauled her into her bed after that. She knows much much better than that! Sometimes I think she does something bad just to get put to bed, so she doesn't have to ask... but isn't willing to agree to go to bed either, except sometimes for a Cheeto bribe. haha. then it is 'cheeto, then bed. cheeto, TWO cheeto, then bed.' etc mantra she repeats over and over until the cheetos are deployed and she cooperates with the rest of the agreement.

No comments: