Sunday, September 19, 2010

A few more old stand-bys


Simplicity 9641, copyright 1971


Making a few more of the pattern I have made the most of - the Simplicity 9641. Out of all of them I think this has been the most useful one in my 'aresenal.'



This pattern comes in a close second - it has tiebacks on it and I've used it several times as well - including the pink dress with gingham ties I made earlier in the week.


Simplicity 7196, copyright 1975


They are very similar except in exactly where the bodice joins to the body - which has an effect on how the sleeve attaches as well. I'm not sure which one I like more - I think the tieback one is best for short sleeves though, as are shown on the package. The other one shows a view with short sleeves, but really is best for long sleeves. Yet - why did I just cut out a short sleeved version of 9641 just now? Maybe I'm testing my theory without even knowing it :)

No comments: