Wednesday, September 15, 2010

'hiding' from the bug


a very slow moving battery-powered robot

Hide in the hole Daddy! (pull Daddy behind the chair, which she purposefully put there five feet in front of the 'bug' robot). Hide Daddy! Ewww aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh a bug a bad bug! And a few minutes before that she was giving it a 'drink' out of an empty cup and feeding it fake food... and then it wasn't quick enough with the impending pretend danger - so she went and left Daddy behind the chair and ran circles around the bug until it got close enough to hide up on top of the chair again.

Silly.. silly... silly child ;)

Note: She calls it a 'bug re-bot', she still can't quite get the 'ro' in robot and wants to make sure it doesn't sound like rabbit.

LATER: What was a yelling screaming dusty mess of child an hour ago is now a sweet smelling 'kiss mumum on the cheek' happy to be watching Shaun and eating applesauce girl.... I didn't know bathtub could wash away that much bad attitude. She even asked ME if it was time for her to get out and I said yes and what the next steps were - and she picked up put away, pulled plug and dried off with no fuss at all.... without me having to offer the applesauce or Shaun as incentives to get out of the tub.

Sewing Geekery: I've cut out the soft woollen fabric for her fall/winter jacket. I'm hoping this pattern will take something with this much soft drape in it. The jacket has a self-lining front and an unlined hood and back. It says it can be made in 'lightweight wool'... hmm. I spent a very long time this afternoon looking through patterns on Ebay and making notes before I just decided to try to make the one in my stash anyway, as it was - and see what happens. I had also pulled out the vintage 1940s pattern I had - but the size 5 is still much too large for her. This one is a vintage size 3 and I think I can do it well if I resort to some handsewing to make sure the edges do not ravel on this soft fabric. I'm planning on making the hood a drawstring and leaving the bottom without elastic.. but we'll see what happens with that.


Simplicity 7110 jacket pattern size 3T
dated 1975

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

This picture is AWESOME.