Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Little bits and pieces of a Tuesday

This morning I woke up to find a shape card tucked up under my blanket and puzzle pieces rearranged near my bed. Esme was obviously up in the middle of the night, and couldn't get Mumum to play with her, so she went back to bed. She has been reading her books in the middle of the night (just the pictures and words she remembers, not 'really' reading), and I hear her talking to her plastic and stuffed animals sometimes. Maybe that is why she is going to sleep so early in the evening and waking up so late - there is a point there after I am fast asleep that she is back up awake moving around. :( She can't get too far without waking me up entirely though - it would take her a lot of noisy effort to get over her baby gate that still encloses her bed area.

At the moment she is arranging books into a roadway across the room again. I heard a little voice say 'ow my toe!' a bit ago when she dropped a few. I had to laugh. Sorry little girl!

I am very tired because _I_ was up a little later than I wanted to be last night too, my throat was bothering me after drinking coffee through the wrong tube. After I went to sleep Esme must have been up awake again. We tried to go to the flea market this morning but there was a county fair setup going on :( Very sad. And very tired. I could have used more sleep.

I put in for a job that I've been hoping for - at my current workplace. One opened up that is the level I want. I don't know if I can get this one in particular - I'm qualified, but there is probably somebody else moreso. I'm thinking over what to say in interview. What I hate about interviews here is that they can happen at ANY time, any day - even when you least expect it. They just call you on the intercom and then when you call them back they say 'Can you come to the office for a chat?' And you find out it is the interview when you actually get up there. I hope it isn't today - because I am so tired. Going to go downstairs and see if I can look alive ;)

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

OH! Good luck with the interview!! Whenever it is...