Wednesday, August 07, 2024

starting to fill out the categories

 

I'm starting to put together the categories I want to talk about at : Neurodivergent Cooking  I've got a couple of recipes up, and a couple of ADHD rants, for lack of a better term.

 

The categories I'm going for are : 

Dinner for Two

Red Plate Specials (getting food to the plate for one)

Less Waste

ADHD Hacks and Habits (and rants, apparently... *roll eyes at self*)

Make Ahead Ingredients (nothing there yet)

and Our Farm - animals and garden and etc etc..

 

But I was tired today - I fell over for a nap, and then pushed myself through to use some leftover things to make a dinner for Esme and I (the Dinner for Two category above).  Mark took some pictures of a mantis outside and also ended up being butted by a little goat so much he tried to take some pictures of her, too - and ended up with mostly out of focus nose, except this one.

Melody, our little Nigerian dwarf bottle-raised goat, who is more than 3/4 blind (but she can see some light in one eye)

She had just gotten some of the ends of lettuce and tomato - so she was wondering why he was out there now and what other wonderful vegetables he had to be hiding in his hands (she is blind) way up there with the camera.

I made a salad, and a version of fried rice.  I did take pictures and post a step by step.  Even though it is simple - it is still something.  And I was working on that consistency thing, just as much as the use up the leftovers thing.

Recipe post  : Half-Nicoise Salad

Maybe tomorrow after route we'll make something more ambitious - but I suspect that will actually be Friday.  I work the weekend, as well, as usual.  I'm headed to bed now again (it is 8:30 pm) and up early to get Esme to the bus and off to work.


Languages : I did French today, and Japanese.

No comments: