Thursday, July 07, 2011

bits

The sketchbook project arrived today. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow, which is a day off. It is so beautiful already...

Esme has a kiddie pool from Grandma and is enjoying it. She was so set on having it made up for her last night, at least got her to wait until today! Right now she is amusing herself with a small log floating it around the pool and throwing it in and watching it float again. Simply amused, but there are scientist tendencies there. She threw every outside toy (including the electronic one, which I saved at the last minute and may dry out) into the pool to see if THEY floated. *headsmack* Daddy wouldn't mind if that toy died, he doesn't like the noise it makes. I picked the garden and watered the plants down in the valley. Mark's birdhouse gourds are huge - weighing down the plant so much that the fence it is crawling up is sagging as well. There was one ear of sweet white/yellow corn that had a purple kernel in it from the ornamental corn crossing. That was interesting.

I have green beans and blackeyed peas, carrot, zucchini and more simmering in a pot downstairs. I've taken something like that to work most days the past few weeks, and it has always been delicious. Now to drink some coffee and get ready for the late shift tonight. I need to finish a shirt tomorrow as well, and replant a few things that didn't survive the past few days.

notes: for Grandma and Grandpa 'penguin water' or 'penguin juice' is cranberry pomegranate juice mixed 1/5 with water being the other 4/5. I don't know why we call it this. We just do, Daddy can't say pomegranate as quickly and Esme can't either... If Esme asks for it, at least you'll know what she is asking for! There is some name brand called 'penguin juice' but it is in no way affiliated.. just a nickname.

I was just given a sandwich made of two plastic plates dipped in the swimming pool and then she washed dishes and put them away under her slide. She told me she had went 'hiding' in the water, underneath the water, even though her hair was dry and it is about five inches deep. Now, I am bringing her lunch outside and she is telling me she has swimming foots that are cold. She has tried several times to drag one of the dogs to the pool to give them 'showers'... but they have good sense and get away long before she gets them near it!


6583 Simplicity


I'd like to get this pattern to use when it is cooler again. I like the back neck yoke and think it is a challenge.

No comments: