Sunday, July 03, 2011

Esme and my dad, and a camp shirt

My dad made a surprise visit last night, and had been playing with Esme all afternoon when I came home from work. They had a lot of fun.









I had this shirt down to needing sleeves and buttons at that time. I finished it around midnight and she wore it to bed.


camp shirt with buttons



from the back


Overall I'm happy with it as a first try. It needs more handsewn reinforcement on the buttonholes and I had to bend the front facings underneath and sew them down 'blazer' style because the neckline was up around her chin at first. She likes it. Mark says it looks 'professional.'


Simplicity 4969, 1950s era, undated


NOTES: The lima beans are beginning to pod, following several days of HOT weather. The squash looks absolutely miserable today... can't wait for the sun to go down so I can water it extra long. I forgot to put a diaper on Esme the last time she went to the potty last night... and she slept through the night - got up, went potty again and only then did I realize she had went through the night without peeing the bed. She has had several accidents during the day... but at least there is huge progress going on.

We harvested about 8 gallons of corn, blanched and froze it! We put a diaper on Esme after her bath and she came up, took it off, and went potty! She is making it, slowly.

No comments: