Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The things they say and do....

Here are some things I've collected the past day or so. Hilarious, at least to me. And mostly, she is being serious and doesn't understand why mom is snickering so VERY much.

to Grandpa Playmobil from Grandma playmobil and two dogs: "go away we play dogs. Right now. Go over there." (I take him and start dancing him around on the desk). No dancing. I SAY NO DANCING. GO AWAY from doggies we play." (the playmobil goes over to the other side of my computer) "Ok. You be sad now. SAD. NOW. Ok. be better." (lets him come back and play with the others)

In the bathtub with her bubble wand: "I build. I build bubbles. (She starts to blow bubbles and push them together to make stuck-together bubbles.) There, I build a house! (She gives me the wand and I blow bubbles onto her arm) "AAAHHHHHHH bubbles. I've GOT SPOTS. (said at the top of her lungs as if it was the end of the world, then softly and with sneakiness) I'm a kitty. (her kitty puppet we made last night had spots) Oh no! SPOTS! (waves arms around, the bubbles pop) "whew. I saved. I'm ALIVE." There was more after this, too.. about her hand needing a bubble which was big so it could be a house and she could go in it from under the water. "Oh, I have a house. Thank you, I go in. OH NO MY HOUSE it fall down.. "

In the garden this morning after I asked her to go out because she was not listening about where to step. I told her to go out because she was stepping on babies (plants). "No, I no go away, I LOVE YOU, I'm the baby girl your mama (comparing herself to the plants, she is the baby, not them), I STAY! please give me hug? (I hug her) give kiss? (kiss her forehead) 'Oh thank you. I help you. I HELP. I throw not a radish." I tried to give her the hoe and she said it was too heavy for her. She did go out after the next time she stepped on something, then came back and said she was scared, and she needed to help me again.

Other: We ran out of popsicles the other day.. so she has found other candy she can reward herself with for the potty. She is still trying to go use the potty like a big girl, but she fell asleep for a nap on our bed (instead of hers) and we had to clean up :(

She is also asking me every once in a while for 'fifteen dollars.' I have no idea where this is coming from.. but she apparently has big plans to buy some 'eatings' with it. It is always fifteen dollars.. which, coincidentally, is the highest number she usually counts to before she starts to stumble and need help.

No comments: