Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday garden hop

at photobucket


Recent crafty stuff
Project Spectrum: red and pink bunnies!
close-up of face on pink bunny


Making more bunnies -- was going to do the bags today but J wants to go out and dig up part of our garden, plant lettuce, spinach, that sort of stuff. Bunnies like these would like that, hmm? So, we are off. Looks like Chris had a fun (and colorful) day yesterday too ;o)

I really freaked out Sally-cat today, I showed her the big picture of Willow in my flickr account... and she was puzzled and worried for a good couple of minutes. She finally figured out that it wasn't a cat -- but still didn't know what exactly it was... ;o) Got a picture of her with her nose against the screen, but it will have to be posted at work tomorrow (where Opera isn't the only browser available)

I tried the sewing-machine on the bunny on the right -- any better? Is it worse? That is usually the part that takes me forever to handsew.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Cute bunnies! You used the sewing machine on the face of the bunny on the right? He looks sort of evil/naughty - like you have good bunny/bad bunny.

Oh, it will be fun to see a picture of poor puzzled Sally!

Have you seen this? Blame that wicked Amanda Monkey for showing it to me.

RheLynn said...

Oh, she looks 'evil'?? Uh-Oh! I wonder where I went wrong...

I love the fabric, and they even have a blog, wow! There are lots of great fabrics there, thanks! Too bad I spent my money for the month ... but its the end of March, right? That means next month is a week away (now I have an evil grin)...

marcisenders said...

Both of these are adorable...we should be a swap! Email me if you are interested.

RheLynn said...

I would love to swap!

Chris said...

Hmm, on second thought - not evil, but devious. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of hand sewing but it's so time consuming. I think the machined bunny turned out nice! I think the only thing I'd consider doing a little differently on the machine bunny is changing the length of the stitch. Maybe a bit shorter? I love both of them!

RheLynn said...

Thanks Susan - I tried a little more today, and failed miserably. Interfacing will probably help -- bought a yard of that to try out.

The laundry bags are almost done! Did those while watching South Park season 7 last night with J.

Carrie K said...

The bunny looks fine machine stitched. I think it was the blue that made it stand out a bit. It is blue, right? That and being right next to the other one. He's cute and I'd machine stitch it, especially if you make lots.

Am.Not.clicking.on.Chris's. link.

amandamonkey said...

Oh, so now I see what Chris is saying behind my back!

Those bunnies are so great, cute but not gaggingly so - great job!

RheLynn said...

LOL Hi Amanda! Really, I didn't believe her for a second, your sweet striped kitty told me otherwise ;o)