Monday, March 13, 2006

Red with Pictures! *gasp*

The enamel-painted bowl I was talking about ;o)
It was originally a 'weave-look' print, found at a thrift store.
Instead of bamboo, I just let the brush take me where it 'willed,' and these designs came out. I still need to paint the back red too.

'Angie', based on the idea of a more vintage doll pattern. I drew the pattern for her on Saturday morning after viewing a.lee's doll skin online. Her red dress took me almost as long as she did! Angie is hanging out at KnitOwl and friends now.

8 comments:

Chris said...

That bowl is very cool! Hmm, duck on the bowl, duck on the doll - duckie?

RheLynn said...

Heh you're right ;o) I had a theme and I didn't even know it!

Carrie K said...

Angie is awesome! The bowl looks amazing too. I can't believe you can make all that! Mostly because I can't. Envy, envy.

Rhiannon said...

I LOVE the bowl. Fantastic! :)

Rhiannon said...

I keep checking your Etsy account for the doll from this post:
http://knitowl.blogspot.com/2006/03/so-much-to-do-today.html

Are you going to sell her? She is my fave so far. I love the vibrant colors.

RheLynn said...

Thanks everyone ;o) The paint on the bowl is a little thick at parts -- maybe a little extra work is in order there.

Carrie: I think I have too much time on my hands ;o)

Rhiannon: She will be up as soon as I've finished her dress. She isn't 'decent' yet ;o) BTW, Miss 'I' says I should name her Madeleine - what do you think?

Rhiannon said...

Madeleine is a great name. I really like uncommon names. (even though most are common somewhere, this one is just not one I hear too much in CA)

I guess you have to like unusual names with one like mine that nearly every teacher I have ever had has mispronounced. I guess nearly every person I have ever met has mispronounced it.

Yes, go with Madeleine

RheLynn said...

Madeleine is finished! ;o) I hope to have pictures of her up very soon. She has a 'Moulin Rouge' thing going -- I have no idea how that happened ;o)