Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Quinoa, flowers and washing-machine pitfall

Quinoa from bottom-left clockwise
Uncooked, Cooked, J's meal with tomatoes, red peppers and onions
Click to enlarge

A blurry Willowpede checks out our spider mums on the table.

KnitOwl in progress


Washing-Machine Pitfall
This morning, I got up at 7 am. I thought I had a dentist appointment at 8... turns out it is in May, not March. Wow... what a time lag between appointments! J wasn't getting up yet, so I was sitting in the dining room (with the flowers) sewing a few little projects. Then, I heard this 'sound' coming from the washer and dryer (on the other side of the room)... and I immediately began LMAO. What happened next, made me laugh uncontrollably.

Here is Sally, two feet balanced on the edge of each appliance. She is slowly but surely losing her grip (the washer machine has one foot missing) as the machines move further and further apart... and the gap between her feet gets wider and wider. Being metal, there is nothing for her to get a grip on. Then, like a contortionist going into a small place, I see her disappear into the gap , body first, legs next.. as she is meowing in protest. Aren't cats supposed to be graceful?

My crude depiction of the event
created in the GIMP

This all happens before I can get up to catch her, and she is standing down at the bottom, in the gap, looking up at me. 'Meow?' she asks... 'Translation: Did you see that, why are you laughing at me, and please get me out of here!' She wasn't hurt in the least, just feeling very undignified. It was even worse because she knew I was laughing at her - and it 'wasn't funny.'

4 comments:

Carrie K said...

The poor thing! It wasn't funny! The earth was shaking apart. I can just imagine her expression though.

Willowpede looks adorable among the mums.

Chris said...

Oh, thanks for the illustration - I was LMAO, too!! The indignity! The indignity! Oh dear.

Heh, I think that Jeanne might be in trouble - read the whole entry from this evening... you'll when you get to the part to which I refer...

Rhiannon said...

Great depiction of the event. Cats can be VERY entertaining.

The food looks good too.

stuffed said...

Love the illo. LOL