Sunday, March 12, 2006

Red for Project Spectrum

Sally and Willow are in play mode. I need to go bake biscuits and call my best friend from junior high to wish her a Happy Birthday.

The red bowl has its third coat on it, and then I can paint the black designs on it. I am currently sewing a red felt jumper for the 'vintage' doll pattern I drew Saturday morning. She has red-striped legs, orange wool yarn hair, and silk thread for her eyes and mouth (from a box of vintage thread and lace I got earlier this year). I was attempting a 'Raggedy-Ann' look, but I think she actually looks more like someone I worked with in Fargo. On the doll's signature I gave her my coworker's name - 'Angie' - I think she would take it as a compliment, she is a really cool person ;o)

The doll is 16" tall sretched out, and 10" seated. That is bigger than the other lady doll from last week! I still need to sew that doll's arms and legs on. Why haven't I done that already???

The red jumper has a little applique bird in white felt. I drew one in the GIMP, but for some reason, Opera (J's internet broiwser on the old computer) doesn't want to post pictures at all through Blogger :o( But, at least it is easier to use than Lynx (which is also a choice) ;o)

So to keep my post from being entirely boring ;o)
Links:

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, that purple kitty is HUGE. Very cute finger puppets - now I'm trying to remember where I saw the pattern for them. Maybe knitty???

It's pretty much a blizzard here...