Wednesday, October 11, 2017

sketchy

I've started a new Pinterest  board called 'sketchy', and have a sketchbook with me at work to try to draw some of the wonderful figure and action drawings I've saved... this is a five minute sketch - and I know the head is not on 'right'... but it's a start.

Practice can't hurt, anyway.

It's very very cold outside!  60s today... and 73 tomorrow.  I need to go put on a sweater.
And then I need to go check the chickens, and put on another sweater.

Work again tonight.  It got crazy for a while yesterday - quiet crickets-chirping like and then everyone came at once about 5 o clock.  Probably do that again tonight - I already have one appointment scheduled for faucet repair consultation 'coming after I get off work' today.

Chickens, and laundry, and cooking dinner for tonight.  I was good and did not cheat yesterday.  I wanted to this morning - the frozen biscuits in the freezer were calling to me.  I made chicken and put swiss cheese on it instead.  I realized I had been skimping on the coconut milk in my 'bulletproof' coffee in the mornings and added some more in to load calories on the front-end so I'm not hungry and restless later.  I was so happy yesterday to get to lunch early because I had only 3 tbsp of milk in my coffee instead of the normal 1/3 cup.

Don't skimp on the coconut milk! *heh*

// The Squirrel Pancake Story // other wise known as why Pancakes Electrocute Squirrels
I was thinking of this, and another (less fun) epic story I've heard secondhand yesterday.  I think this one deserves to be memorialized on the Internet for posterity...

My elderly neighbor in Fargo told me this story.  Her name was Kay.  We worked at the Michaels store together. 

Every Sunday she would make a big batch of pancakes.  She would put the leftovers on the back porch on a plate for the squirrels and neighborhood dogs to clean up.  One Sunday she was washing dishes and the power went out.  No storms or anything..seemed strange.  But, she was washing dishes by hand and it was light outside so she just kept washing.

She saw a man in a bright yellow jacket cross through her yard in front of her window and walk towards the back of the house.  This is someone from the electric company... okay.  She kept washing.

Another man follows the first.. and then another.. and then another.. so many people in yellow jackets coming through one after the other that she stops washing her dishes and goes out and stands on her back porch. 

All the guys are standing under the electrical wires in a circle, looking at the ground.
She walks up behind them and peers between them and lo and behold, there is a large pancake on the ground with a tail sticking out from it.  All of the men are between shock and hilarious laughter.

The poor thing had gotten greedy and tried to walk with the pancake across the electrical wires, and somehow fried himself - causing a blackout in the like the power guys had never seen before.

 As she told it, Ms. Kay slowly backs up and walks back to her house quietly taking the empty plate inside.  Apparently there were no more pancake leftovers after that.

No comments: