Monday, August 14, 2006

Tennessee State Line - Take me Home!


I am so glad to be home! I've missed EVERYONE! As soon as we hit Murray, KY, Willow and Sally were up and active, as if their internal compasses kicked back in and once again they could locate 'home.'

For half of the trip - they were curled up behind Mr. J's seat together.

Note plenty of cat hair on the seats.


Cats in Cars
The girls took the trip much better than last year, with no real problems. (last year, Sally ran away at a wayside rest and we barely caught her.. that was a problem!) Overalll, Willow gets a B, for being a generally good 'Car Cat.' I would have given her a higher grade, but she did get on the dash twice during the trip, and once tried to get under Mr.J's brake foot - a big no-no! Sally gets a D+ for being extremely Noisy halfway through Illinois, refusing water the entire 18 hours and general grumpiness.

Little Squint is back in TN with us too. He is doing well, after a slight emergency vet visit earlier in the week. The vet ladies in Grand Rapids, MN were so very kind and gentle with him, and he sat still and was a good kitten for them too! He is roaring with ferocious kitten energy, and beginning to get on the girls' nerves badly!


All this week, I will have pictures from what I consider to be some of the most beautiful places in my hometown's region. I'll try to space them out though :o)

Can you believe I did not TOUCH any computer at all this week? Anyone else fainting over that? ;o) I'll have to catch up with everyone after a good night's sleep!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I missed you! Glad the kitties were pretty good in the car.

Knittymama said...

Gald you had a nice trip! Cats in cars...that's always entertaining. We used to take ours with until Arthur started a major issue with my parent's cat...he has since been banned from their house:-)

Your yarn is going in the mail today. After I saw you were gone for awhile I decided to wait to send it as I didn't know what your vacation mail situation would be. Hope you enjoy it!

Rhiannon said...

Welcome back. Glad the cats did well. I can't imagine my cat in the car for any amount of time let alone hours and hours. I guess yours get lots of practice going to work and back with you. Hope the trip went well!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! Welcome home! Missed you and the kitties while you were gone!

What happened to little Squint while you were away? Looking forward to seeing your vacation pics!

Lynn said...

Welcome Back!

Sure we missed you.
I just came back every day to look at the pics.

Chris said...

Welcome back!! So did Squint travel well? What grade does he get?

Kelly said...

Welcome back, this cats inthe car thing is funny to me. We just took one of our cats for ride and she loved it. It is so strange how diffently they all behave.

Carrie K said...

Oh, I didn't even see this! Thank you, RheLynn! I'm so glad you're home. I missed you! Even if I did manage to stay off my computer for a few days. It was tough, let me tell you.

Bryan & I drove w/Hopi back East in the moving van. She was fine, once we let her out of her cat carrier. Sheba, OTOH, hated my driving. Hated, hated, hated it.